Assist and support account staff with research, content creation, reporting, client relations and foundational media relations activities.
- Media and Analyst Relations:
- Develop and maintain media lists
- Cultivate relationships with key contacts, beginning with trades and regional print, broadcast and online outlets, then expanding to national broadcast and print and online media
- Draft written pitches and begin phone pitching
- Identify opportunities for proactive pitches
- Assist in implementing media events, including press briefings and media tours
- Maintain internal and client-facing dashboards
- Monitor media placements and prepare clips for client distribution
- Keep notes during all client calls
- Deliver list of action items following team meetings and calls
- Client Relations:
- Develop e-mail and verbal communications skills, with support from team
- “Own” a section of call agendas
- Speaking and Awards Programs:
- Develop and manage conference calendars and award opportunities
- Draft speaking abstracts and award submissions
- Content Creation:
- Begin to demonstrate proficiency in a full range of materials, including press releases, bylines, case studies and sales collateral
- Understand the basics of social media and conduct community engagement on behalf of clients, with supervision
Teamwork: Balances team and individual responsibilities. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
Written Communications: Writes clearly and informatively. Edits work for AP Style, spelling and grammar. Tailors writing style to meet varying needs.
Initiative: Volunteers readily. Undertakes self-development activities. Seeks increased responsibilities. Takes independent actions and calculated risks. Asks for help when needed.\
Flexibility: Adapts to changes in the work environment. Manages competing demands. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
Quality: Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Displays commitment to excellence. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Applies feedback to improve performance.
- Bachelor’s degree public relations, communications or related area
- 0-2 years of direct public relations experience or related areas