New York, NY or San Francisco, CA
Assist account staff with research, content creation, reporting, client relations and foundational media relations activities.
- Media and Analyst Relations:
- Develop and maintain media lists
- Develop reporter backgrounders and event briefing books
- Maintain client-specific editorial calendars
- Draft written pitches and begin phone pitching
- Cultivate relationships with key contacts, focusing on industry trades, customer verticals and regional outlets
- Meet at least one reporter/analyst per quarter.
- Maintain internal and client-facing dashboards
- Monitor media placements
- Develop coverage reports
- Keep notes during all team meetings and client calls
- Deliver list of action items following team meetings and client calls
- Client Relations:
- Respond to relevant client emails in a timely manner
- “Own” a section of call agendas
- Speaking and Awards Programs:
- Develop and manage conference calendars and award opportunities
- Draft speaking abstracts and award submissions
- Content Creation:
- Develop first drafts of client materials, including press releases, bylines, case studies and sales collateral
- Develop regular social media posts
- Business Development:
- Contribute to proposal development.
- Attend at least 1 networking event per quarter.
Writing: Writes clear and compelling content. Edits work for AP Style, spelling and grammar. Tailors writing style to meet varying needs.
Media & Analyst Relations: Identifies relevant targets, delivers engaging pitches via email and phone, secures interviews and follows through until article publication.
Client Relations: Makes clear recommendations, anticipates clients’ needs, demonstrates Antenna’s value.
Industry Expertise: Knowledgeable across clients’ fields, eager to learn about new sectors.
Leadership: Takes ownership, provides clear direction to teammates; gives recognition where deserved and offers coaching to improve others’ skillsets.
Organization & Time Management: Detail-oriented, communicates well internally, manages time efficiently, can be counted upon to meet deadlines, completes ClickTime entries weekly.
Creativity: Brings fresh ideas to internal meetings, client calls and writing projects.
Attitude: Enthusiastic about Ant life, positively influences office culture.
- Bachelor’s degree public relations, communications or related area
- 0-2 years of direct public relations experience or related areas