The Account Executive will be responsible for providing support with media relations, content development, and account management on behalf Antenna’s Clean-Tech/Sustainability/Mobility clients, which include developers, brokers, tech companies, architecture/engineering firms, hospitality providers, and more. The Account Executive should display an ability to execute effective media pitching, press release writing, and byline creation, while managing reporting and tracking deliverables on accounts.
- Account Strategy:
- Contribute to strategy sessions and assist with tactical timeline during PR plan development
- Support the creative development process, identifying fresh approaches to clients’ programs
- Client Relations:
- Master e-mail and verbal communications skills
- Report on specific tasks directly to clients on periodic calls/meetings
- Work with teams to ensure maintenance of internal and client-facing dashboards
- Media and Analyst Relations:
- Build rapport with trade press and vertical outlets, and foster relationships with new reporters across top-tier print, online and broadcast outlets
- Deliver exciting email and phone pitches
- Identify opportunities for proactive and reactive pitching
- Oversee maintenance of media lists
- Speaking and Awards Programs:
- Oversee maintenance of conference and award calendars
- Draft and/or edit speaking abstracts and award submissions as necessary
- Content Creation:
- Draft press releases, bylines, case studies and sales collateral—free of typos, factual inaccuracies, outdated messaging, etc.
- Understand the basics of social media and conduct community engagement on behalf of clients
- Serve as the preliminary editor for interns and AAEs as appropriate
Strategy and Counsel: Demonstrates ability to think strategically, connect client goals and objectives with PR program approaches and make sound recommendations to clients.
Teamwork: Balances team and individual responsibilities. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
Written Communications: Writes clearly and informatively. Edits work for AP Style, spelling and grammar. Tailors writing style to meet varying needs.
Initiative: Volunteers readily. Undertakes self-development activities. Seeks increased responsibilities. Takes independent actions and calculated risks. Asks for help when needed.
Flexibility: Adapts to changes in the work environment. Manages competing demands. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
Quality: Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Displays commitment to excellence. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Applies feedback to improve performance.
- Bachelor’s degree public relations, communications or related area
- 2-3 years of experience in public relations or related areas
- Direct reports: None
- Secondary reports: Interns, AAEs
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Competitive salary
- 18 days PTO to start, plus winter recess and summer Fridays
- Flexible work from home policy
- Commuters benefit
- Gym Reimbursement
- 401k with 4% match
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Professional development and training
- Regular outings, celebrations, happy hours and adventures