Lead the development, coordination, and direction of public relations activities on behalf of clients. Contribute to the growth of the agency and junior staff.
- Account Strategy and Management:
- Lead strategy sessions and develop plans to implement successful client programs
- Facilitate and lead the creative development process including brainstorms, and encourage teammates to identify fresh approaches to clients’ programs
- Advise on account staffing and monthly resource allocation
- Advise on roles and responsibilities across account teams
- Monitor ClickTime for accounts and advise on retainer management
- Client Relations:
- Serve as the primary point of contact across accounts
- Lead client update calls
- Work with junior staff to refine email and phone communication
- Supervise junior staff to ensure maintenance of internal and client-facing dashboards
- Media and Analyst Relations:
- Develop and oversee execution of media strategy across accounts, including proactive and reactive opportunities
- Strengthen relationships with key contacts, focusing on top-tier print, online and broadcast.
- Support junior staff in developing beginning with trades and regional print, broadcast and online outlets, then expanding to national broadcast and print and online media
- Finalize written pitches; advise on phone pitching
- Content Creation:
- Manage editorial process for all written materials drafted by junior staff, including press releases, bylines, case studies and sales collateral
- Ant Management and Mentorship:
- Work with junior staff to develop and strengthen PR skills and understanding of clients’ industries
- Lead and participate in agency team building activities
Strategy and Counsel: Demonstrates ability to think strategically, connect client goals and objectives with PR program approaches and make sound recommendations to clients. Regularly guides clients regarding strategy and program direction. Knows when to consult with and make recommendations to Director, VP regarding more significant client issues.
Teamwork: Balances team and individual responsibilities. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
Written Communications: Writes clearly and informatively. Edits work for AP Style, spelling and grammar. Tailors writing style to meet varying needs.
Initiative: Volunteers readily. Undertakes self-development activities. Seeks increased responsibilities. Takes independent actions and calculated risks. Asks for help when needed.
Flexibility: Adapts to changes in the work environment. Manages competing demands. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
Quality: Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Displays commitment to excellence. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Applies feedback to improve performance.
- Bachelor’s degree public relations, media relations or related area
- 4+ years of direct public relations experience or related areas
- Direct reports: Interns
- Secondary reports: AAEs, AEs, SAEs
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Competitive salary
- 18 days PTO to start, plus winter recess and summer Fridays
- 401k with 4% match
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Commuters benefits
- Gym reimbursement
- 2-day work from home policy
- Professional development and training
- Regular outings, celebrations, happy hours and adventures