Antenna is a PR and integrated marketing agency that specializes in real estate, proptech, sustainability/cleantech, mobility and health. Our team combines deep domain expertise with full-stack PR and marketing capabilities to help innovative companies in our industries achieve breakout growth and velocity. With offices throughout the U.S., and an international network, Antenna is a high-growth organization that is hyper focused on providing its professionals with an exceptional work-life experience.
Antenna is looking for individuals to contribute diverse perspectives and new ideas to the Antenna community. We celebrate differences among our staff and encourage everyone to be their authentic selves. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and remain committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, supportive and respectful environment, where each Ant feels a sense of dignity, belonging, and acceptance.
Antenna is looking for a Controller that is seeking a dynamic opportunity to guide and transform the agency’s accounting department. This position can be located in New York or New Jersey.
- Responsible for preparation and presentation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports including Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statements.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, anticipating future legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, filing financial reports, tax planning/ compliance and advising management on needed actions.
- Coordinating activities of external auditors
- Establish & maintain ongoing client-side procurement and finance relationships and provide senior level financial advisory and guidance to our internal client team
- Provide financial guidance and strategic advisory for practice leads
- Lead & train the finance team on department best practices including month-end close, revenue recognition, balance sheet and profit and loss statement review.
- Drive effort in simplifying internal financial processes with the goals of clarity and actionable business insights in mind
- Assess current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes and improved internal controls.
- Provide financial onboarding to dedicated account staff to help educate on client deal terms and with financial literacy
- Drive cross functional staff training on internal/and or external systems and procedures
- Assist VP of Finance and CFO with ongoing ad hoc projects.
- Responsible for accuracy of Agency General Ledger
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting with 7 – 10 years of experience
- Advanced knowledge of financial systems and Microsoft Excel
- Deep understanding of financial accounting, balance Sheet management and revenue recognition methodologies
- Ability to get to the root cause of an issue, problem solve for the long term but happy with iterations of solutions of the in-between
- Ability to effectively mentor and manage finance directors and managers
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Consulting & client service oriented mindset and ability to foster positive working relationships both externally and internally
- Comfortable working in a complex, matrix environment and demonstrated ability to manage multiple stakeholders’ expectations
- Strong financial analysis and planning skills; demonstrated strong business acumen
- CPA or public accounting experience is a plus
- Professional services industry experience preferred
- Agency experience preferred
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Competitive salary
- Profit Sharing Plan
- 18 PTO days to start
- Floating Holidays
- Paid Volunteer Day
- Winter Recess and Early Fridays
- Sabbatical Leave
- Parental Bonding Leave
- Mentorship/Allyship Program
- Yearly Professional Development Stipend
- Career development, training and mobility
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401K with matching
- Hybrid Office Schedule
- Regular outings, celebrations, happy hours and adventures
- Office Dog! (varies by location)
Antenna has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all employees reporting to any of our offices or attending any Company-sponsored event. The Company requires that all employees be vaccinated against COVID-19, but will provide accommodations as required by law.