Antenna Group is a mission-driven integrated PR and Digital Marketing agency. We partner with companies at the heart of global conversations addressing the world’s biggest climate, real estate, and health-related opportunities.
As leaders in these spaces for over a decade, we are leading the Age of Adoption; the transition between research and innovation into a world where companies across the economy are furiously adopting sustainable, healthy equitable solutions.
We celebrate differences among our staff and encourage everyone to be their authentic selves. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and remain committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, supportive, and respectful environment where each Ant feels a sense of dignity, belonging, and acceptance.
Antenna is looking for an Account Director for our Spaces practice to manage the development, coordination, and direction of public relations activities on behalf of clients. We are looking for an individual to contribute a diverse perspective and new ideas to the Antenna community. We celebrate differences among our staff and encourage everyone to be their authentic selves. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and remain committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, supportive and respectful environment, where each Ant feels a sense of dignity, belonging, and acceptance.
Account Strategy and Management
- Lead strategy development and creation of plans for successful client programs
- Drive the creative process and encourage teammates to identify fresh approaches to clients’ programs
- Assign roles and responsibilities across account teams
- Monitor financial health of accounts and advise on retainer management
- Ensure efficient and effective collaboration and coordination with other Antenna divisions (e.g. digital marketing team, web team) on account work
- Take ultimate responsibility for client satisfaction; expediently address client concerns and requests; prioritize client retention
- Serve as account teams’ primary client contact
- Drive client update calls, and coach junior staff to own portions of agendas
- Work with junior staff to refine written and verbal communication skills, with an emphasis on delivering thoughtful recommendations and attention to detail
- Hold junior staff accountable for timely reporting and updates to client-facing dashboards
Media and Analyst Relations
- Demonstrate comprehensive understanding of real estate media landscape, including in-depth knowledge of reporter coverage preferences and newsworthiness thresholds across the full spectrum of mainstream, business and trade outlets
- Demonstrate ability to consistently judge validity/strength/newsworthiness of pitch themes and angles with accuracy
- Develop and oversee execution of media strategy across accounts, including establishment of KPIs in alignment with client business objectives
- Coach junior staff on mastering media engagement, beginning with trades, customer verticals and regional outlets, then expanding to national broadcast and print and online media
- Finalize written pitches; advise on phone pitching
- Support outreach efforts as needed, focusing on top-tier opportunities
- Perform final edits on and enforce quality standards for all written materials, including press releases (including AP Style conformity), bylines, case studies and sales collateral
- Coach junior staff on how to develop compelling written materials and master the art of storytelling
- Coach junior staff on how to develop written materials that appropriately balance client objectives with media requirements
Ant Management and Mentorship
- Work with junior staff to develop and strengthen PR skills and understanding of clients’ industries
- Directly manage three to five junior staff members; coordinate performance reviews and make recommendations to senior management regarding promotions
- Lead and participate in agency team building activities
- Identify and engage with potential client organizations
- Attend networking events and industry conferences on behalf of agency
- Develop and present excellent communications proposals
- 5+ years of direct public relations experience or related areas
- Interest in and knowledge of the Real Estate Industry
- Ability to think strategically and connect client goals/objectives with integrated marketing and PR program approaches
- Self-motivated, proactive and flexible
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong writing, editing and communication skills
For New York City Ants, the base salary for this role is $100,000-120,000. Relevant experience, skills, business needs, and other related qualifications determine compensation. In addition to the base salary, Antenna provides a total rewards package including Professional Development Reimbursement, generous PTO, potential for commissions, affordable healthcare, and matching 401K, as well as numerous programs and initiatives for career development and training.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Collaborative, proactive, and persistent mindset.
- Curious nature and the desire to challenge the status quo.
- Passion for Antenna’s sectors and a determination to make an impact.
- Drive to deliver an invaluable client service experience.
- Desire to leverage innovative technology to drive impact for our clients and optimize the delivery of great work.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and matching 401K.
- Time off is required. We want our ants to rest, relax, and recharge, so we offer a tiered PTO system-based tenure at the agency with 18 PTO days to start and Winter Recess.
- We value and celebrate diversity. Our staff come from different backgrounds, and we honor their various religious and cultural observances by offering Floating Holidays and Heritage Month celebrations.
- Early Fridays are for all year round. Summer Fridays are great, which is why we extend them throughout the year.
- Service is in our DNA. We offer a paid day off every year to volunteer with an organization that is meaningful to you.
- Tenure is valued and rewarded. In addition to tiered PTO and professional development stipends based on tenure, we offer Sabbatical Leave to our seasoned Ants.
- We invest in our Growth-Stage Ants. We connect Ants with Mentors/Allies other practices for guidance, advice, friendship, and networking.
- We were hybrid before it was cool. We’ve always believed in balance and have offered a hybrid office schedule well before the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Growth is the key to our collective success. We offer a yearly Professional Development Stipend, career development, training, and mobility.
- Connection and relationship building is everything. We offer regular outings, virtual events, Heritage Month celebrations, interest Slack channels and happy hours.
Antenna has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all employees reporting to any of our offices or attending any Company-sponsored event. The Company requires that all employees be vaccinated against COVID-19, but will provide accommodations as required by law.