New York, NY or Hackensack, NJ
Develops, coordinates, and executes public relations activities on behalf of clients.
- Account Strategy:
- Support strategy sessions and assist with PR plan development
- Support the creative development process, identifying fresh approaches to clients’ programs
- Work with senior staff to gain an understanding of account financials and staff utilization
- Client Relations:
- Serve as a point of contact across accounts
- Take an active role in client update calls
- Work with teams to ensure maintenance of internal and client-facing dashboards
- Media and Analyst Relations:
- Participate in media strategy development across accounts
- Identify opportunities for proactive and reactive pitching
- Strengthen relationships with existing contacts and build connections with new reporters across top-tier print, online and broadcast outlets
- Master media outreach among trades and regional print, broadcast and online outlets
- Deliver exciting email and phone pitches
- Content Creation:
- Draft compelling press releases, bylines, case studies and sales collateral
- Deliver constructive feedback to help interns, AAEs and AEs strengthen writing
- Ant Management and Mentorship:
- Work with interns, AAEs and AEs to develop and strengthen PR skills and understanding of clients’ industries
- Effectively “manage up” to Supervisors, Directors and VPs
- Participate in agency team building activities
Strategy and Counsel: Demonstrates ability to think strategically, connect client goals and objectives with PR program approaches and make sound recommendations to clients. Regularly guides clients regarding strategy and program direction. Knows when to consult with and make recommendations to Director, VP regarding more significant client issues.
Teamwork: Balances team and individual responsibilities. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
Written Communications: Writes clearly and informatively. Edits work for AP Style, spelling and grammar. Tailors writing style to meet varying needs.
Initiative: Volunteers readily. Undertakes self-development activities. Seeks increased responsibilities. Takes independent actions and calculated risks. Asks for help when needed.
Flexibility: Adapts to changes in the work environment. Manages competing demands. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
Quality: Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Displays commitment to excellence. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Applies feedback to improve performance.
- Bachelor’s degree public relations, media relations or related area
- 3+ years of direct public relations experience or related areas
- Direct reports: Interns (with Account Supervisors)
- Secondary reports: AAEs, AEs