Antenna is looking for a performance driven SEO leader who is excited to join a fast growing and world-class SEO team, led by Pete Prestipino, that will be the strategic SEO lead on marketing accounts. This is an exciting role with high visibility in the organization with collaboration opportunities across departments. At Antenna, you will put your organic traffic/lead generation skills to work to grow our Clients’ businesses, who are making meaningful contributions to the world through their innovative technologies and solutions. Since most of our marketing retainers are integrated, you will have the ability to work alongside other marketing & communications professionals in pursuit of our Clients’ business goals. This role will include a nice mix of strategy, management and implementation. You will directly manage, teach, and inspire a team of SEO specialists.
You must be well-rounded in your knowledge/experience of SEO, which Antenna defines to be: Content, Connections, and the Continuity of Experience (Technical & UX Optimizations). Additionally, you should have a strong working knowledge of content management systems (WordPress) and marketing automation tools (Hubspot); experience in deriving actionable insights from Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and SEO monitoring tools; and an understanding of how all other marketing channels affect organic search performance.
- 5-10 years of search engine optimization experience
- Passion for using SEO and digital marketing to grow businesses
- Proficient in: SEO audits, keyword research, SEO content writing/optimizations, technical optimizations, CRO (conversion rate optimization) and link building.
- Ability to demonstrate a thorough understanding of core SEO principles and the latest best practices. Ferociously consumes content from SEO thought leaders and has either written their own thought leadership content (or can if given the opportunity)
- Outstanding ability to think creatively, strategically, and problem solve
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with website optimization tools
- Strong organizational, time management, and analytical skills
- Self motivated, proactive and dedicated to generating results for our clients
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Volunteers readily. Undertakes self-development activities. Seeks increased responsibilities. Takes independent actions and calculated risks. Asks for help when needed.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Contributes to building a positive team spirit
- Flexible and agile; ability to pivot quickly and identify when something isn’t working and provide solutions for alternative actions. Adapts to changes in the work environment. Manages competing demands. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation
- Experience and/or Interest in industries Antenna specializes in: Cleantech, Health, Mobility, Real Estate, B2B Tech, etc.
- SEO work for your own business, side hustle, or hobby
- Previously worked in a fast-paced, digital agency environment
- Experience working on cross-functional teams
- Experience working with B2B companies/organizations
- Hubspot Certification(s)
- Google Analytics Certification(s)
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Operate as the strategic SEO lead on client accounts
- Directly manage team of SEO Specialists
- Form strategic SEO plans, by completing the proper discovery with clients, collaborating with the account team, performing research, and auditing existing results.
- Drive traffic, conversions and ROI for Antenna’s clients using a combination of leading/delegating and completing the work directly.
- Measure and report on the effectiveness of the campaigns by using industry leading tools such as Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Moz, SEMRush, etc.
- Monitor performance of campaign closely and consistently to proactively flag issues for the team and work collaboratively to resolve
- On integrated campaigns you will collaborate with various team members, such as the digital ads specialist, marketing technologist, content marketer, inbound marketer, etc. to share insights and ensure channels are coordinated in the pursuit of our Clients’ broader goals.
- Writing powerful calls-to-action to convert visitors
- Writing or directing our content marketing specialists into creating effective SEO content for blogs, websites, downloadables, etc.
- Form and execute on link building strategies
- Form and execute upon website experience strategies
- Analyze keywords and SEO techniques used by competitors
- Perform SEO audits to assist sales team in selling new SEO campaigns